Western Shelter has an immediate opening for a Western Region Sales Representative. The Western US (California, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Colorado, New Mexico, Nevada, Idaho, Utah) will be a large part of the Western Territory Sales Representative's coverage area. Specific sales goals and market segments will be discussed in a more strategic manner with the Director of Sales.
This position will receive a base salary along with reimbursement for cell phone, mileage and general business expenses. The successful candidate may work from a home base. Benefits include: medical, dental, vision (effective the first of the month after 60 days service) and 401k with 5% employer match after one year of employment. A company laptop, iPad and credit card will be provided. Paid vacations and company holidays.
The successful candidates for this role will have come from a manufacturing/design background (or degreed program) with products that have been sold/marketed to municipalities, governments, The Red Cross, FEMA, DoD, DoHS, first responders, military, hospitals and industrial/commercial organizations.
- Develop territory market intelligence and design target strategy to address new markets.
- Enhance market exposure and develop new business opportunities with current and potential clients.
- Compile lists of prospective customers based on information from trade shows, direct mail response, business directories, web sites and other research.
- Diligently maintain company CRM and pipeline.
- Evaluate competitive situations and recommend appropriate tactics.
- Liaise with company Production Managers, Team Leaders and Shipping Managers to ensure fulfillment of customer orders.
- Build and sustain relationships with customers focusing on long-term relationships. Evaluate customer satisfaction following project execution in a timely and professional manner.
- Emphasize salable features, quote pricing and credit terms, and prepare sales orders.
- Provide product training and service training.
- Estimate date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of company's production and delivery schedules.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of company products.
- Travel to and attend industry trade shows.
- Business/Engineering/Manufacturing degree or applicable experience
- Relevant "industry/market" work experience
- Bilingual English-Spanish communication skills a plus
- Excellent analytical, oral/written communication skill including formal presentations to both small/large groups
- Strong project/time management skills
- Experience working with customers to define needs
- Strong attention to detail
- Heavy lifting may be required
- Ability to travel assigned territory extensively and regularly
Please include your salary history and your salary requirements.
Western Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please email our HR Manager at: email@example.com