The Finish Carpenter will be responsible for all aspects of installation of finish materials and products for the hard-sided business at Western Shelter Systems. May also perform other production work as needed. Experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus. This position reports to the Production Supervisor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized
- Must demonstrate initiative; be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to operate a variety of hand tools and light machinery
- Able to problem-solve using existing procedures to perform straightforward tasks
- Safe use of shop equipment and power tools
- Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings for proper measurements and placement of finish products and materials
- Attention to fit and finish is essential
- Ability to resolve complex issues in regard to fit and finish
- Responsible for protection of finished work
- Responsible for final coach clean up and detailing
- Ability to keep a clean and safe work area is essential
- Ability to follow company procedures pertaining to work order packet process flow
- Position requires the physical ability to stand for long periods, kneel, bend, stoop, and twist. Also, the dexterity and hand strength required for the installation of cabinets, finish coverings and assemblies.
- Ability to work either as part of a team or to be self-directed depending upon circumstances
- Accurately track labor tasks daily
- Ability to work at a fast, consistent pace as set by daily goals by Production Supervisor
- One year work experience preferably in manufacturing
- Knowledge of trailers and container based systems, a strong plus
- Experience in finish carpentry, a strong plus
Western Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please email our HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org