The Sales Engineer - Mobility Systems is responsible for planning, developing and managing all hard-sided shelter projects. To do this they must provide timely product costing of trailers, container, and fabricated solutions for quotations and sales support. This position is hands on, collaborates with other departments and is the champion for this side of the business. This person shall possess strong organizational and communication skills as needed to handle multiple projects. The Sales Engineer will collaborate with sales, engineering and operations to scope functional requirements, identify risks, and issues, and drive execution. This position reports to the Director of Operations - Shelter.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a product focused role
- Experience defining and developing products to meet customer requirements
- Knowledge of trailers and container based systems, a strong plus
- Familiarity with needs and requirements of core customer sets, a strong plus
- Ability to work hands-on to support and lead projects and programs
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Some travel may be required to customers (<15%)
- Work directly with sales on timely product costing of trailers and fabricated solutions for quotations and production orders.
- Coordinate with engineering to generate needed documentation, i.e. technical drawings, BOMs, and labor routings.
- Review customer source control drawings, specification control drawings and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of the project.
- Work directly with production personnel to define and solve manufacturing/design issues and implement cost reduction for all hard-sided products.
- Directly responsible for coordinating various functions such as engineering and manufacturing operations to resolve any related challenges and needed improvements with respect to quality, cost, and delivery.
- Work with the quality department to define problem areas and implement product improvements based on customer repair/rejection concerns.
- Coordinate and lead cross functional project meetings such as design review and costing and manufacturability.
- Interact with customers on design, engineering, and any questions/problems they may have.
- Interact with vendors concerning parts they supply or propose to supply to company.
- Coordinate as required with internal groups including purchasing, quality control, sales, production, accounting personnel, metal finishing and assembly.
- Manage production production supervisor of Hard-Sided department.
- Keep supervisor advised of work status, workload, problems and progress as related to work assignments.
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to lead others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be creative and multi-task
- Experience working across various internal departments and external vendors
- Proven track record of tackling problems and taking independent action
- Ability to collect and analyze data and make design recommendations
- Strong attention to detail
Western Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please email our HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org