The Material Control Manager is responsible for strategically managing suppliers, ongoing procurement, the warehousing, and logistics activities that support the organizations delivery and costing goals for both Western Shelter Systems and CrewBoss business lines. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics, or related field.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 is required
- 5+ years in Supply Chain and Purchasing. Preferred additional experience with Planning, and/or inventory control.
- ERP/MRP experience
- Experience with building and maintaining relationships with suppliers.
- Experience in project management
- Experience leading cost reduction initiatives
- Proficient with mainstream desktop office applications including Microsoft Office suite
- Good business sense and capability to develop a vision and/or strategy
- Good math skills to include percentages and fractions
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Must demonstrate initiative; be able to work independently
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible to changing workplace priorities
- Ability to prioritize and accomplish tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Review incoming orders for new items or changes and enter into ERP system
- Ensure BOMs and routings are accurate. Make changes as needed to optimize
- Generate required Work Orders for production, drive planning and scheduling of work with operations to maximize efficiency on production floor based on shipping requirements
- Develop and manage cost reduction programs utilizing make and hold strategies, negotiations
- Manage strategic planning on purchasing material for the company based on market condition such as cost trend, allocation issues, road map, etc. and also provide assessment on outsourcing product vs. building it in house
- Partner with Engineering, NPD and marketing teams to find new sources of new products, raw material for both existing and new products
- Work directly with Engineering to create or correct drawings as needed, create or update Bills of Materials and Routings as needed, and make drawings available to production as required.
- Audit inventory levels, reporting and using this information for sales review and procurement plan
- Purchase both inventoried and consumable production items as needed (training and backup resource to procurement)
- Work with dedicated Inventory Team to reach targeted count variance levels through cycle counting
- Standardize and document work processes
Western Shelter Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full time
For inquiries please email our HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org