The Accounts Receivable Clerk and HR Assistant supports and directly contributes to the accounting and finance activities for Western Shelter Systems and CrewBoss business lines. The position is accountable for creating invoices and credit memos, issuing them to customers by all required means, and updating customer files. The role will be also be responsible for supporting payroll activities, benefits administration, and related HR reporting. Reports directly to the Controller.
• 2-year Associate degree in accounting or comparable work experience
• Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must be detail oriented
• Proficient with mainstream desktop applications and current office technology
• Demonstrate good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
• Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
• Experience using electronic document management systems preferred
- Billing and Accounts Receivable:
• Prepares daily invoices to customers, process credit memos as needed
• Enter invoices into customer invoicing web sites
• Apply daily cash receipts to customer files and deposit schedules
• Monitor AR aging, make calls to customers to ensure proper billing and timely payment, prepare and send notice letters as required
• Process monthly finance charges and prepare monthly statements
• Support needs for annual audit and recurring collateral exams
- HR and Benefits Administration
• Support HR Manager to onboard new and temporary employees.
• Maintain accurate time clock capture for employees
• Assist employees with required benefits forms
• Prepare weekly and monthly compliance reports as needed
- General Administrative
• Backup primary receptionist for incoming phone calls and reception duties
• Provide administrative support to executive management teams as needed
• Maintains front office cleanliness and organization
• Purchases operating and office supplies as required. Organizes and maintains office supply inventory
• Responsible for daily and/or ongoing maintenance of front office equipment
• Maintains a friendly positive demeanor as a primary outward facing individual of the company.
• Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure and adjusts to plans to meet changing needs and deadlines
• Ability to manage multiple projects and people in a fast paced environment
• Ability to prioritize tasks from various stakeholders by communicating clear project timeframes and tasks
• Must be detail oriented
Western Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please email our HR Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org