The Operations manager – Western Shelter Systems is responsible for the quality manufacture and shipping of all manufactured and subcontracted products. He/she will be responsible for all manufacturing operations activities to meet production demands, support R&D and new product introductions, and work closely with the supply chain team to meet cost, quality, and delivery goals for its products. This is a demanding role that requires strategic planning, superb execution in a fast paced challenging environment, and exceptional leadership skills for organizational development. This position reports directly to the President/CEO.
- 4-year technical or equivalent degree required
- An advanced degree in a related field is desirable
- At least 10 years manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated success at deployment of Management control reporting including operational metrics.
- Excellent technology application skills including ERP systems, project management and spreadsheet tools.
- Demonstrated success at financial planning, budgeting, capital management, and budget management
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a strong operations management team
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of integrity.
- Schedule and manage production to ship customer order/product and reach a +90% on-time-fill-rate for all orders based on customer need date
- Meet business’s financial goals by translating bookings into revenue per budget requirements
- Responsible for continuous improvement of manufacturing through use of LEAN Manufacturing principles
- Be a progressive thinker and role model: enable efficiency enhancing tools such as LEAN manufacturing, cycle time reduction and other manufacturing enhancing methodologies
- Identify and realize cost down opportunities through best practices, vendor agreements, etc.
- Oversee Production Control on all inventory, material, and schedule requirements. Reviews all changes to schedule, including those caused by late material deliveries, labor shortages or other resource issues. Helps set priorities for floor.
- Develop operations organization – training, mentoring, coaching and leading the organization. Evaluate strengths weaknesses and take action to ensure long-term health, productivity, and a high performance culture.
- Manage multiple projects to successfully transition products from prototype development to manufacturing – work with sales, and R&D to implement practices in new product development process
- Participate in new product/process development and product commercialization reviews to ensure operational targets are designed-in and met.
- Support the efforts of supply chain to evaluate and select major suppliers, and third party design/manufacturing partners. Create and qualify a plan, including strategic sourcing world-wide. Build expertise on critical processes including RF welding, sewing and metal fabrication.
- Build operational “bench strength” in identifying future leaders and subject matter experts and supporting development planning and experiences.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining a high level of safety including strict adherence to all regulatory requirements
- Direct Manufacturing Operations to meet quarterly/annual plans. Establish sales and operations planning which serves the needs of the business
- Able to lead and motivate employees
- Strong initiative in order to propose changes with the ability to justify recommendations
- Understand key accounting principles related to manufacturing process
- Possesses strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Western Shelter is an equal opportunity employer.
For inquiries please email our HR Manager at: email@example.com