About Western SHelter
Recognized for their leadership within the emergency response, commercial and military markets, Western Shelter and CrewBoss are allied businesses that develop and manufacture equipment and gear critical to the mission driven focus of our customers.
Western Shelter Systems is the leading provider of innovative solutions for the challenges of field operations. From disaster and emergency medical response to military and commercial field operations, our shelter systems are trusted for their strength and reliability.
Protecting fire fighters is central to the heritage and future of CrewBoss. That is why CrewBoss garments have been a trusted part of the wildland fire industry for decades.
The Shipping and Receiving Manager supports and directly contributes to the shipping and receiving activities for Western Shelter Systems. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
• Associates degree preferred
• 3+ years in a Warehouse with Shipping and receiving experience required
• Supervisory experience required
• Previous forklift experience required
• Inventory software experience required
• Proficient with mainstream desktop office applications including Microsoft Office suite
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Ability to bend and stand for long periods of time
• Works closely with Accounting, Production and Purchasing to help establish Warehouse shipping and receiving SOPs.
• Oversees and manages day to day warehouse, shipping and receiving tasks.
• Oversees and manages Cycle counts and Inventory.
• Oversees and manages finished goods product inventory.
• Schedules orders for shipments with proper freight carriers.
• Issues shipping instructions and provides routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
• Communicates with management to ensure timely order fulfillment.
• Coordinates with the Director of Operations to determine quantity of product needed to fulfill orders based on inventory min and max levels.
• Supervises the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, and shipping products or materials.
• Plans, develops or implements warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance and safety manuals.
• Confers with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales or purchasing.
• Reviews invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
• Inspects physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs or replacements.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to be creative and multi-task
• Strong attention to detail
• Extremely organized
• Must demonstrate initiative; be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Maintains a friendly positive demeanor and can-do attitude
Western Shelter Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full time
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org