Recognized for their leadership within the emergency response, commercial and military markets, Western Shelter and CrewBoss are allied businesses that develop and manufacture equipment and gear critical to the mission driven focus of our customers.
Western Shelter Systems is the leading provider of innovative solutions for the challenges of field operations. From disaster and emergency medical response to military and commercial field operations, our shelter systems are trusted for their strength and reliability.
Protecting fire fighters is central to the heritage and future of CrewBoss PPE. That is why CrewBoss garments have been a trusted part of the wildland fire industry for decades.
The Vinyl Cutter is responsible for spreading, measuring, marking, and cutting vinyl material for Western Shelter production using a variety of techniques and equipment. The production environment is fast paced and requires a high attention to detail. This role is integral in the quality output of vinyl shelters and must be efficient while determining the quantity, type of material to cut, and which patterns are to be used in accordance with work instructions and design specifications. This position reports to WSS Production Manager.
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One-year work experience, preferably in manufacturing
· Basic knowledge of hand tools, i.e., utility knife and tape measure preferred
· Assures that all products are cut to the highest standard of quality as determined by process documents and product specifications.
· Cuts assigned components of work orders properly, following a combination of printed work instructions, integral samples and verbal instructions from production supervisor.
· Inspects in-process materials to ensure shade compatibility, material flaws and correctness of material prior to cutting.
· Reports product non-conformities to production supervisor in a timely manner.
· Maintains quality objectives and standards for the department.
· Works with team members to maximize productivity and efficiency.
· Maintains equipment by exercising routine maintenance and cleaning on a daily basis, or as needed.
· Reports equipment malfunction to the production supervisor in a timely manner.
· Assists in the training of new employees, as needed.
· Operates all equipment and tools safely.
· Responsible for all safety aspects within the scope of work.
· Checks incoming work orders for accuracy, due dates and priorities.
· Keep work areas clean and organized.
· Follows correct ISO procedures, including lot number tracking where applicable.
· Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
· Ability to stand for extended periods of time
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs unassisted, occasionally lifting up to 250 lbs utilizing safe lifting practices
· High level of attention to detail
Western Shelter Systems / CrewBoss is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full time
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter in Word or pdf format via email to: email@example.com